Friday, September 7, 2012

The World's Happiest Man

According to Richard Davidson, a neuroscientist who measured Ricard's 'happiness center', and even in China, Matthieu Ricard is "the world's happiest man". 

Well, given that, it would seem to be wise to learn what to emulate in him!!!!

I have just reread, and then taken extensive notes from, his book Happiness - A Guide To Developing Life's Most Important Skill (with a foreword by Daniel Goleman, the author of Emotional Intelligence). 

He writes at the end, some ultimate wisdom, which many know "of" but few follow:

"The good fortune of meeting with remarkable people who were both wise and compassionate was decisive in my case, because the power of example speaks more forcefully than any other communication.  They showed me what it is possible to accomplish and proved to me that one can become enduringly free and happy, providing one knows how to go about it."

While I may meet only a few people like that in person, I can meet them in videos, audios, and in books.

And it makes sense to me to imitate those who are happiest. 

So I am focusing on those few people to emulate my life after.  

Many world leaders are not people whose lives I would like to lead - and therefore, despite their courage and/or other good qualities, I will not focus on them.   My personal attempt, so far, to identify those people to learn the most from is at Great Men But Did They Live Great Lives? 

Although there are many people who might be good to be in MasterMind groups with or might be good allies in certain areas, I am busy identifying what "teams" of people I would most like to associate with and which people I would like as mentors or examples of how to live life.  I'll publish that soon.

Meanwhile, I strongly, strongly recommend that you read and study Ricard's book.   (I also like the practicality of his book Why Meditate?)

Yours toward greater fulfillment and happiness in life,

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment