Saturday, May 28, 2016

An absolute must to have a superbly working time management system


I have spent massive amounts of time trying out different systems of task management over the years but not quite settling on one.  (I failed to follow the Rule Of Completion, as I "Stopped Short".)

If you're reading this and haven't settled on a system, it is time to settle for a system that works and is implementable easily and for sure.  For those eternally looking for the perfect system and caught up in massive indecision and barriers to starting, JUST DO IT!

Here is what will work.  Get it into effect and learn the systems right away, as they will save you time and make you a better manager of life.  (Remember that sometimes simpler or shortcut methods are better than sophistication, possibly because there is a greater probability of actually being done.  See The Simple Daily Planning Process - The Minimum For Anybody On The Planet Who Values Life.)

(Incidentally, "superbly working" means I can write down what is needed with assured follow up and that I can find what I need, in an efficient and effective way.)

These are no or low cost.  The low cost ones should be done even if there is a no cost version, but each of the low cost items do have a no cost version you can start with.

Google Chrome (search engine, but integrated with other free functions and programs)
Google Drive (all free)
    Google Docs, Spreadsheet, Slides
GMail (free, can post tasks from it into your task manager)
Google eBlogger (Free)

Task and calendar management

gQueues (task manager, drag and drop even on the calendar, tags, easy, integrates with Google Calendar, etc., can use tree outline hierarchical structure) (free, but use below $30/year version) (GTasks, $5.99 one time, is workable but not as good)
Google Calendar (free)

Information management & "tickles"

Evernote (free, or $45/year)
Workflowy - Tree outline for list and organizing (free, but I use the yearly fee one)
Notes in idevices (for simple lists, like grocery or non-grocery things to buy, books to look at in bookstore, etc.)  [For quick notes to myself to look at and process after I finish what I am working on, I will use Google Keep, instead of "Sticky Notes".]
Reminders in idevices (These are alarms I can set up to "tickle" my memory, instead of cluttering up my calendar or task management system.)  Will use Google Keep as it appears on all devices.

Set those up, asap.  Then go about learning them, following the sequences (or videos on YouTube) to learn each of them.  You'll save massive amounts of time plus you'll be more effective!!!

I do have various notes on the site relative to these, but I have chosen not to set this up as an instruction manual, for there are plenty of good ones to use already.   Use the search engine to go to the relevant subject to see some notes I made for myself, so you can get the idea of a way to approach getting the systems to where I can work with them effectively.  You should make notes on each system as you learn how to do them, perhaps also getting a "Dummies" type book for them.

(See also:  Program For Productivity And Time Management - The Central Road To An Incredible Life.  This is an area for you to fully master!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment