Saturday, September 22, 2018

False threats, like being slugged by a ghost...

(In email, click on the post title in order to read the entire post.) 

As opposed to animals, we can project into the future and "mock up" (make up) something that could happen.  We also can attach "symbolism" to something that might be associated with a threat and then be afraid of it (rather than the real thing).

An animal will react to the actual threat.  We humans will actually create a bunch of symbolic ghosts where there is no actual threat at all.

We even make it up that if we don't get something we expect, even though we don't technically need it, that we have lost something and that it is a threat to our life. 

99% of our believed threats are pure fiction and not based on reality or truth.  We are setting it up so that all sorts of ghosts are hitting us, with their ethereal hands passing right through us with no other effect at all - and we are thinking how awful it is.  But if we asked ourselves "did anything actually happen other than in my mind?", what would the answer be?  (See Notice: Nothing Actually Happened! - One Of The Greatest Philosophical Insights!.)

In virtually every worry and upset you have, you are not at all threatened relative to what you actually "need" to live a decent life.  (One essential understanding in life is What Is Enough?  If you don't know when you are "there", how could you ever be happy???)

Sure you're not getting paid enough, appreciated enough, loved enough, will have to work hard to get an adequate retirement, not treated with the respect you deserve, have a spouse with flaws, etc. and etc.   But those are nothing but fictional problems.  If you say, fully, every day, what you actually have, none of that would be in your threat or negative emotion bin.  (See, and "get", and thoroughly study and understand and implement everything around this: The Mountain Of Haves.)

Then once you discover this true paradigm you would stop faulting and criticizing yourself and stop making yourself unhappy:  No Fault.

Once we realize that we "making it all up" (in our metaphysical mind), then we can see right through the ghosts and laugh and not feel a thing when they attempted to hit you with their imaginary hands.

Getting rid of ALL of your negative fear/anxiety related emotions is your first and most important job if you are to live a great life.  It is important not to tolerate the repeated same old negative emotions and to eradicate the cause of them:  false beliefs.   Follow the program "to the end":  The Fear Management Program as well as getting rid of the cause of the fears via The Program For Upgrading Your Beliefs.

Make this a 10 hour a week program until you've eradicated all of your major fear/anxiety from your life!!!!!! 
_____________________________

Before I learned and trained myself, here are some of the ghosts that passed through my life (plus a couple I added that are common to many people), often with all of them sitting there all at once and totally distracting me from living a great life or doing much of anything:  (you can borrow this list for ideas on what to do that doesn't work if you want to feel really bad, or you can borrow it and then use it to eradicate the ones you have...)

I settled for too little salary.  What's wrong with me?
How come I'm not rich, not cool, not totally powerful and disciplined and suave...aaarrrggghhhh!
    What's wrong with me!
I'm too chicken.  Why can't I be strong like others?
I don't get enough respect around here.  People don't admire me.
People misuse me.
I am not good enough.
I won't be loved (or my spouse doesn't think well enough of me).
I'm weak.  I'm too undisciplined.
I'm out of control.  Too fat, not muscular or strong enough....
I have no power.  I can't help myself with shiny objects and temptations and computer games...
I am so needy and out of control and must eat something comfortable.  (I didn't seek out the other easy escapes, like numbing out with alcohol and/or drugs...)
I don't have enough time.
What if I'm caught looking stupid or hiding something? 
People don't approve of me.
People don't like me.
I must please everyone or I'm bad.
People can see how weak I am and/or how I'm not living life as I should.
People judge me (for my nose, before plastic surgery; my body; my not cool enough girlfriend)
I won't know that I am safe with my girlfriend until we've made love 50 times.
There's just too much to do and I'm not up to it.  To improve my company so it's good enough, or my spouse, or my child, or the people in my company.... (no one could do all of those things, so the secret is always to be selectively prioritizing and building and accessing the right resources - see my book on Kindle (enter Keith D. Garrick.)
I'm not smart enough.  Or "what's wrong with me that I can't solve this?
I'll go crazy or feel deprived if I don't get a new....
Help me, here, I'm running out...please send me a list of things to add to it.  (Notice that the site has something on each of these items.)

______________________________________

So, are you going to finish off these ghosts and live a full, great life or are you going to leave some in place, longer than they should be in place? 

I strongly recommend that you make up a list, with at least two columns, one might be headed up "is this a ghost?"...another might be "priority"...another could be the "date to start on"...

Then you'd prioritize the list and follow the above programs (or just use the forms that are provided directly) until you've gone down the list and knocked off virtually all of them!   
___________________________________________

This is a “Pay It Forward, free of charge blog and set of sites.  

Easiest way to sign up for email:  If on a cell phone, go to the bottom of a post and click on “see in web browser” format.  Then just sign up in the open slot on the right.

Share: Please share this post with others it could be of benefit to.  Post the link to social media and/or use the little white envelope right below this post (if you are on a phone you may have to push, near the bottom, on "web version" to see it).

Be on the email list or a feed:  On full web blog version, just register in the right hand box.  If on a mobile version,  click follow the posts and then choose, in the box on the right, the little white-in-blue envelope symbol to select email or enter your feed. Receive notification of blog posts (and changes on the site, plus books).  

Refer: Please refer others to the blog and/or the site, so we can build a sufficient audience to make this thing bigger and better.  (See the. mission of The Life Management Institute.) 

Use these blogs effectively!

See "how to utilize this blog" in the header.  Consider the great worth of learning how to use a blog effectively:  How To Smartly Use A Blog.

Main site:   TheLifeManagementAlliance.Com or enter the topic you are interested into the Main Navigation/Search Page



No comments:

Post a Comment