Saturday, August 25, 2012

To Be A Great Man Or To Have A Great Life?

As I was thinking of great men and also of some recent experiences, I wrote about something that is very important to me. 

I have stopped admiring some "great men", though I admire what they've done and their fortitude.

Instead, I have focused on who I might follow based on who knew enough to live a great life. 

I agree with this statement:  "'Tis not wise to give up one's life in order to seek greatness or power.  Do not be lured into the trap, do not be deceived."     The BuddhaKahuna

I list some people and discuss this, but I would also appreciate your recommending to me the names of any people you see who are at the wisdom level of living great lives that the rest of us might emulate. 

The piece:  Great Men, But Did They Live Great Lives? 

To your living a very happy life,

Keith

(And, if you are interested in this blog's contents, sign up for the email notification service.)

No comments:

Post a Comment