Monday, September 26, 2016

Simple no holes task management - a MUST!

(To read the entire post, click on the title of the post.)

You absolutely MUST have a for-sure-you-will-use-every-day system for your task management.  It is a foolish waste not to use one!!!

To assure that you have one, I recommend that you start with a simple, complete system.

Get a simple free (or use the premium version cheaply) app that works on all devices:

Todoist
Toodledo ((used by expert Michael Linenberger in place of Outlook!) 
GQueues

They all have great guides and simple tutorials and easy to find instructions.

I use GQueues premium for $29/year.  (See A simple, effective, easy to do task list that will better your life!  It tells you why the others don't work for me, as they lack "tree outline" capability.)

It coordinates with my Google Calendar, where I can drag and drop tasks for the day or for a time to another slot.  Simple.

I simply immediately post every "to do" I think of to my Inbox Smart Queue.  You MUST post every to do if you are to have a good working task management system that has integrity to it.  Rule:: Don't leave off any future to dos, including worthwhile ideas. Simple.

I keep all currently considered items in my inbox list.  When I review the list, I simply drag and drop an item to the position on the list in which I will do them, then I use the list for my "next actions to do" list. and/or assign a date if it is to be later.  I can leave items I probably won't ever get to on the list (as they'll gradually go lower and lower on the list as I add to the top the higher priority items) or if I won''t get to it until I work on a project, I drag and drop the item into my project list folder I will have set up.   Simple.

I, then, just follow the order I've listed from the top down.  Simple. Easy.

If I receive an email of something that is a "to do" I simply forward it to my GQueues email address (automatically assigned for you in "general" section of "settings") and it gets automatically added to the inbox list.   Simple.  Easy.

I just look at and reorder the list every day.  It takes less than 3 minutes, or the elaborate version might take 5 minutes up to 10 minutes, but you'll save hours if you follow this practice.  Simple.

The order of your list is always "Musts" first and then highest value items 2nd.  Simple.

The items that don't have priority for me simply drop down the list, often, appropriately, never getting done if they are not necessary but just a "good idea", simply "of interest", or attractive at the time I thought of it.  I also am able to see, in black and white, what will never make its way to the actual doing level - and I also do not start on any item in the moment just because it is attractive or on my mind right now - I just write it down and let it fade into the insignificance that is befitting it, so I save lots of time not going on side ventures!!  Simple. 

Try it.  You'll both like it and find it easy.  And, most of all, it will increase the value you will get out of life.  You can't afford not to do it, as leaving it up to whimsy will cause you to waste much of life.  And that is the simple truth of it.  

Please, please don't go without at least this system!!!!  Please don't leave your life up to thoughtless randomness ("randomity")!!!!  (Living life randomly is the biggest waste of life there is!!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment